Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

6 Months ago today...

I cannot believe that we have been married for 6 months today!! Sometimes it seems like we have known each other forever and been married forever and then other times it feels like just yesterday we were at Cookout drinking milkshakes. Friday I didn't have to work all day so I was home doing some housework (you know wives what we do best:) haha jk) and I was in the kitchen and was just like..."I am married." Haha I just thought uh am I even old enough to be married! It is crazy to think about that I am really married.

These past 6 months have been absolutely wonderful!! I know that some people have a rough start just getting use to living with someone...especially a guy, but we have really been blessed because it has been nothing but wonderful! Everyone always asks was it a hard change or what has been the weirdest/hardest thing. It is almost weird because it has been just so natural and never weird. Haha it was just like life went on and marriage was just the next step. I have never woken up and been freaked out that I was actually sleeping with a boy! Haha having brothers definitely helps with adjusting to living with a guy. The weirdest thing for Andrew since he only has brothers was that girls use a lot of toilet paper!

Today we were talking about what our favorite thing about being married was and basically we both said the same thing...the companionship! It is the most wonderful thing to get to come home to each other every day, go to sleep together, and then wake up together! I love it!! There are obviously tons of other reasons we love being married but these were our favorite.

It is so amazing to look at marriage and see how God designed it so beautifully! There is no other relationship like the intimacy and bond that a husband and wife share. I love seeing how God uses Andrew to help shape me and lead me to Christ daily. One thing we started when we first got married was to have devotions and pray together each morning before going to work...it doesn't always happen every day but it is something that really has been a blessing for us! I have been blessed with such a wonderful husband who truly seeks and desires to have Christ as the center of our home and our individual lives first. I cannot wait to see him lead our children one day too!

It is so exciting to think about getting to spend the rest of my life with Andrew and all that we still have to look forward to and even learn about one another. Andrew was just saying the other day how cool it is that we have the rest of our lives to figure out this whole marriage thing and each other!! Well, I won't go on and on about how much I love being married but I am truly thankful that the Lord brought Andrew and I together as one 6 months ago and look so forward to the years to come!

I love you Andrew Ryan the best husband ever!!!










2 comments:

  1. Aww I loved reading this Sarah! I can't believe it has already been 6 months for yall! I feel the exact same way about it being so natural living together...when people ask how married life is, I'm just like, "It's just...the way things are supposed to be, I can't imagine it any other way! I get to be with my best friend all the time!" I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats o 6 months! thats so exciting! I enjoy reading your blog, you have a new follower! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete